The Jungfrau region of central Switzerland exemplifies everything that we’ve come to know as wonderful and characteristically Swiss. From enormous glaciated peaks glistening in the morning sun, to the fabled Swiss chalets and their flower boxes overflowing with freshly watered geraniums, the visual treats of this unique corner of Switzerland offer a vivid reminder that fairy tales really do exist.
In an effort to help more people experience their own personal fairytale, we’re offering a custom self-guided exploration of the Jungfrau region at an affordable price. Here’s what the tour includes:
- Six nights accommodations at simple country B&B’s. Breakfast included. You’ll have the option to begin the tour in either Meringen or Wilderswil. You’ll visit the memorable villages and hamlets of Grindelwald, Wengen, Trachsellaunen, and Murren.
- Two nights dinner. You’ll have the flexibility to go out on the town during 4 other nights.
- Custom route descriptions tailored to your specific hiking style.
- Four-color topographical maps, with highlighted hiking routes leading through flower-filled meadows, quiet Swiss hamlets, and across alpine passes that skirt some of the most notable, and spectacular, mountain peaks in the Alps.
- Travel instructions.
- Luggage instructions as needed.
- Cultural information and more.
This tour is available from Mid June to Mid September 2009.
The cost for this 6 night/7 day itinerary is $1100 per person double. We’re taking advantage of the current strength of the U.S. Dollar, therefore, we can only offer this special price until December 21, 2008.
Please contact Ryder-Walker to take advantage of this special offer, or to request your own custom proposal. (No cost or obligation required).