Awards & Stories
“Top Outfitter” – Travel + Leisure Magazine
Travel + Leisure created a directory of standout specialists for seven types of getaways ranging from safaris to biking tours. Ryder-Walker made T+L’s distinctive list of adventure outfitters for the trekking and walking category.
What’s more, T+L only listed seven top-shelf travel companies for trekking and walking (compared to 11 companies for “Local Culture”) and we made the cut. Put another way,T+L named Ryder-Walker one of the TOP SEVEN travel companies for hiking!
“Best Adventure Travel Company on Earth,” Two Years In A Row!
National Geographic ADVENTURE Magazine surveyed more than 200 outfitters and travel companies for their feature, “Best Outfitters on Earth.” They categorized each outfitter based on their specialty, (ours was hiking and trekking), and then scored them based on various categories including education, high adventure, level of service, client references, and sustainability.
Our high overall scores, in every category, landed us within the top ten best hiking and trekking outfitters on the planet-two years in a row! We received the highest scores in Quality of Service, Spirit of Adventure, and Client Satisfaction.
Stories & press mentions about Ryder-Walker Alpine Adventures
- 5 Tips for Hiking With Kids Cup of Jo Blog | September 2019
- 25 Best Hikes in the World Outside Online | March 2019
- Pursuit Of Happiness- Living The High Life outlookbusiness.com | October 2018
- I fell down a mountain while hiking the Tour du Mont Blanc Tampa Bay Times | October 2016
- Italian Dolomites Trek with Ryder-Walker marlameridith.com | October 2015
- Europe’s 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails Fodors’s Travel | October 2015
- Five Fresh Takes On Age-Old Journeys Men’s Fitness | October 2015
- Ljubljana, Slovenia: Where European and Balkan Culture Live On Bonjour Colorado | September 2014
- Best Adventure Travel Destinations 2014 Travel + Leisure Magazine | May, 2014
- Hiking in Slovenia’s Triglav National Park National Geographic Adventure | May, 2014
- Q&A: What Are Some Inn-To-Inn Hikes in the Swiss Alps? Outside Online | April 2014
- Colorado’s famed 14ers: Telluride’s Wilson Group offers rewarding peak climbing Telluride Daily Planet | July 2, 2013
- T&L Hiking Guide: Best of the Alps Travel+ Leisure Magazine | May, 2013
- Top Trekkers: Ryder-Walker named a top active adventure travel company Telluride Daily Planet | August 12, 2012
- T+L’s Top 40 Adventure Outfitters Travel+ Leisure Magazine | August, 2012
- Swiss Bliss-Hiking the Engadine Valley, One Delicious Inn at a Time Real Eats Magazine | April 26, 2012
- Travel Fun with Maribeth Clemente KOTO Radio, Telluride | May 18, 2011 (listen to a podcast of the show)
- Wintertime Rambles-The Alps are not just for skiing anymore Newsweek | November 2, 2009
- Forget Twilight and Check Out the Best Adventure-Planning Websites in the Galaxy Examiner.com | March 2009
- Telluride’s Ultimate Adventure Company Telluride Style | Summer/Fall 2008
- Way to Go: Adventure Travel from Telluride Telluride Magazine | Summer/Fall 2008
- Packages to Switzerland, Deluxe and Rustic The New York Times | August 17, 2008
- Avila or Appenzell, Paris or Turku, there’s a way The Boston Globe | July 20, 2008