Our easy going hiking tours are selected based on effort and terrain. Easy going hikes are scored with 2 or lower in a combination of our effort and terrain categories. While the days on the trail are more relaxed, there is no shortage of stunning destinations and incredible views along the way. Browse our easy tours below.
Trip Rating System
- Primarily simple accommodations including, berghauses, huts and inns.
- A mix of simple accommodations and charming country inns or first class inns.
- Primarily charming country inns and first-class inns with best accommodations available in remote locations.
- All superior country inns and first-class accommodations.
- Gentle hikes up to 8 miles with 1500 feet of elevation gain.
- Moderate hikes up to 10 miles with up to 2700 feet of elevation gain.
- Moderately strenuous hikes up to 12 miles with up to 4000 feet of elevation gain.
- Strenuous hikes exceeding 4000 feet of elevation gain.
- Well maintained and graded mountain paths.
- Steeper, well-maintained mountain paths possibly with rough footing.
- Steeper, occasionally maintained mountain paths possibly with rough footing and/or exposure.
- Steep, rarely maintained mountain paths with exposure and rough footing.
Swiss perfection is embodied in the world famous Jungfrau region, the very heart of the Swiss Alps, and hiking beneath the dramatic glaciated peaks of the Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau lures mountain enthusiasts from around the world. Picture-perfect views surround you in every direction, and the fabulous system of lifts, cable cars and funiculars make hiking in this lofty region...View trip details
Retreat in time to another era and a place far away: the enchanted Inn River Valley. Time forgotten 16th century villages, with their fascinating architecture, cling to the hillsides, and numerous ruins and a castle mark the valley’s importance through the medieval period and Hapsburg Empire. Above the valley the peaks of the Silvretta, Lischana, and Bernina ranges soar. This...View trip details
Towers of vertical limestone tinged pink in the evening light loom above the rolling, green meadows and intriguing castles, ruins, and onion-domed church steeples of the villages in the enchanting Alto Adige (Südtirol) region of Northern Italy. The Dolomites are one of the earth’s most dramatic ranges, and a paradise for hikers who come to enjoy the startling, vertical topography...View trip details
The Pusteria Valley on the Italian/Austrian border is where the Alps morph into the Dolomites. The northern flank of the valley is pastoral, with undefined walls of limestone and gentler summits. The southern flank is where the Dolomites find their personality, as jagged summits skyrocket above you. Ryder-Walker’s Via Ladinia begins in the calming town of San Candido. The magnificence...View trip details
This Going Easy Slovenia hiking tour is a gentler version of our 8 day Slovenia Triglav Circuit and features three nights in the village of Ukanc and two nights each in the villages of Bled and Kranjska Gora. The hiking schedule is more relaxed with extra time for sightseeing and general enjoyment of Slovenia's infinite treasures. You'll also have luggage access...View trip details
The hiking on our Austria: Mozart Alpine Lakes Walk is some of Ryder-Walker’s most gentle. Many of the hikes follow either pilgrim’s routes, which have been well traveled for centuries, or the historic Salzkammergut Salt Trail. Much of the hiking here follows the idyllic shores of the Wolfgangsee and Hallstättersee, as well as a charming section out of Bad Ischl...View trip details