- Guided and Self-Guided tours require a $500 deposit per person.
- Private Guided tours require 25% of the total cost as a deposit per person.
- Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Bookings within 90 days of the tour’s starting date must pay the $500 deposit followed by the full tour balance once accommodations have been confirmed.
- Domestic shipping of trip materials is included in the trip cost.
- Prices are quoted in U.S. Dollars and all payments must be made as such. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, checks and wire transfers.
- There is a $125 per person late booking fee for signing up 60 days or less from departure.
- There is a $125 per person fee to cancel a guest and transfer that booking to a new guest.
- Upon receipt of your deposit, you will receive a confirmation email and invoice receipt along with a portal website link containing mandatory waivers and releases for you to sign, and travel insurance information.
- A final balance invoice will arrive prior to the due date.
- Every change requested within 90 days of the tour start date is subject to an additional minimum cost of $50 per person, whether or not the request is fulfilled (i.e. hotel change, room change, taxi change, etc.).
- Requests to alter our standard itineraries will incur a larger fee calculated on a case-by-case basis.
- Requests to change the tour start date, within 90 days of the existing tour start date, is subject to an additional 10% charge of the total tour cost.
- There is a $125 fee to change the tour start date after accommodations are confirmed; this fee changes to 10% of the tour cost if requested within 90 days of the existing tour start date.
- Final materials are sent approximately 30 days prior to departure.
- All travelers receive an email with information to download the Vamoos travel app. Information includes daily itineraries, hike descriptions, gateway travel instructions, cultural information, equipment list and more. All of your trip details, important documents, offline maps (and much more) are available in the Vamoos app.
- Self-Guided travelers receive printed maps for each hike, along with luggage tags and a small gift that should come in handy while you travel..
- Last minute registrations follow an expedited timeline. Please inform us of special requirements.
We are happy to help you reschedule a guided or independent tour. If rescheduling is not an option then please refer to our cancellation policies.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Guided and Self-Guided Trips
- Ryder-Walker must receive a written notice of cancellation sent by mail or email. Your cancellation is effective when you receive a written receipt from Ryder-Walker confirming cancellation.
- Cancellations within 15 days after booking receive full refund unless booked within 90 days of start date.
- Cancellations between 16 days after booking to 90 days prior to tour departure: forfeit $125 per person. A credit memo for the remaining balance will be issued for use on any Ryder-Walker tour within 24 months of cancellation effective date.
- Cancellations between 90 and 46 days prior to tour start date forfeit 25% of amount paid to date.
- Cancellations 45 days or less before the tour start date forfeit 100% of amount paid to date.
Private Guided Trips
- Cancellations up to 90 days prior to tour departure: forfeit deposit worth 25% of the cost.
- Cancellations within 90 days of tour departure: forfeit 100% of the cost.
Cancellation due to Force Majeure
Certain circumstances may require Ryder-Walker to cancel a trip. We will not cancel less than 45 days prior to departure except due to Force Majeure, unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside Ryder-Walker’s control. If Ryder-Walker cancels a trip for any reason other than the client’s request, clients will have either of the following options:
- Transfer the booking to another trip and pay any difference in price between the originally purchased trip and that of a more expensive trip; or receive a refund of the difference if the originally purchased trip is more expensive than the one transferred to.
- Receive a credit memo for any money paid to be used for a future Ryder-Walker trip. Credit memo is valid for two years from the original year the trip was booked.
- Ryder-Walker is not responsible or liable for any incidental costs, expenses or consequential losses incurred as a result cancellation.