- Guided and Self-Guided tours require a $500 deposit per person.
- Private Guided tours require 25% of the total cost as a deposit per person.
- Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Bookings within 90 days of the tour’s starting date must pay the full tour balance at the time of registration.
- Prices are quoted in U.S. Dollars and all payments must be made as such. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, checks and wire transfers.
- Upon receipt of your deposit, you will receive a confirmation letter, invoice, travel insurance application, waivers and releases.
- A final balance invoice will arrive prior to the due date.
- Every amendment/change requested within 90 days of the tour start date is subject to an additional minimum cost of $50 per person, whether or not the request is fulfilled (i.e. hotel change, room change, taxi change, etc.).
- Requests to alter our standard itineraries will incur a larger fee calculated on a case-by-case basis.
- Requests to change the tour start date, within 90 days of the existing tour start date, is subject to an additional 10% charge of the total tour cost.
- Final packages are mailed out approximately 30 days prior to departure.
- All travelers receive an Itinerary booklet including daily itineraries, gateway travel instructions, cultural information, equipment list and more.
- Self-Guided travelers receive an additional On the Trail booklet with daily hike descriptions and maps, as well as transfer information when applicable.
- Last minute registrations follow an expedited timeline. Please inform us of special requirements.
We are happy to help you reschedule a guided or independent tour. If rescheduling is not an option then please refer to our cancellation policies.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Guided and Self-Guided Trips
- Ryder-Walker must receive a written notice of cancellation sent by mail or email. Your cancellation is effective when you receive a written receipt from Ryder-Walker confirming cancellation.
- Cancellations within 15 days after booking receive full refund unless booked within 90 days of start date.
- Cancellations between 16 days after booking to 90 days prior to tour departure: forfeit $125 per person. A credit memo for the remaining balance will be issued for use on any Ryder-Walker tour within 24 months of cancellation effective date.
- Cancellations between 90 and 46 days prior to tour start date forfeit 25% of amount paid to date.
- Cancellations 45 days or less before the tour start date forfeit 100% of amount paid to date.
Private Guided Trips
- Cancellations up to 90 days prior to tour departure: forfeit deposit worth 25% of the cost.
- Cancellations within 90 days of tour departure: forfeit 100% of the cost.
Cancellation due to Force Majeure
Certain circumstances may require Ryder-Walker to cancel a trip. We will not cancel less than 45 days prior to departure except due to Force Majeure, unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside Ryder-Walker’s control. If Ryder-Walker cancels a trip for any reason other than the client’s request, clients will have either of the following options:
- Transfer the booking to another trip and pay any difference in price between the originally purchased trip and that of a more expensive trip; or receive a refund of the difference if the originally purchased trip is more expensive than the one transferred to.
- Receive a credit memo for any money paid to be used for a future Ryder-Walker trip. Credit memo is valid for two years from the original year the trip was booked.
- Ryder-Walker is not responsible or liable for any incidental costs, expenses or consequential losses incurred as a result cancellation.