We at Ryder-Walker understand that things happen, and circumstances arise prompting a cancellation of an upcoming trip. Therefore, we strongly encourage all participants to purchase Trip Cancellation Insurance. We recommend Travelex, but feel free to contract with any carrier. There is no charge for rescheduling an independent tour prior to 90 days before departure. If rescheduling is not an option, then please note the following conditions and policies:
- Ryder-Walker must receive a written notice of cancellation sent by email. A trip leader may cancel for the entire group. Your notice of cancellation is effective when you receive a written receipt from Ryder-Walker confirming cancellation.
Guided and Self-Guided Tours
- Cancellations within 15 days after booking receive a full refund unless booked within 90 days of tour start date.
- Cancellations between 16 days after booking and 90 days prior to tour start date forfeit $125 per person, and we will issue a credit memo for the remaining balance for use on any Ryder-Walker tour within 2 years of your cancellation effective date.
- Cancellations between 90 and 46 days prior to tour start date forfeit 25% of amount paid to date. The remainder of any balance paid to date will be issued as a credit memo and must be applied to a Ryder-Walker trip within two years after the original trek date.
- Cancellations 45 days or less before the tour start date forfeit 100% of amount paid to date.
Private Guided Tours
- Cancellations up to 90 days prior to tour departure: forfeit deposit worth 25% of the cost. The remainder of any balance paid to date will be issued as a credit memo and must be applied to a Ryder-Walker trip within two years after the original trek date.
- Cancellations within 90 days of the tour departure: forfeit 100% of the total cost.
Cancellation due to Force Majeure*
Certain circumstances may require Ryder-Walker to cancel a trip. We will not cancel less than 45 days prior to departure except due to Force Majeure, unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside Ryder-Walker’s control. If Ryder-Walker cancels a trip for any reason other than at the client’s request, clients will have either of the following options:
- Transfer the booking to another trip and pay any difference in price between the originally purchased trip and that of a more expensive trip; or receive a refund of the difference if the originally purchased trip is more expensive than the one transferred to.
- Receive a credit memo for any money paid to be used for a future Ryder-Walker trip. Credit memo is valid for two years from the original year the trip was booked.
Ryder-Walker is not responsible or liable for any incidental costs, expenses or consequential losses incurred as a result of cancellation.
*“Force Majeure” means any circumstances beyond Ryder-Walker’s reasonable control including, but not limited to, acts of God or nature, war, curtailment or interruption of transportation, facilities, strikes and/or labor dispute or the imminent threat thereof, threats or acts of terrorism or similar acts, disease, shelter at home orders, quarantine orders, global health emergencies, viruses, epidemics, pandemics, travel restrictions or limitations, government or regulatory actions, significant change in economic conditions, mandatory office and business closures, full or partial lockdowns of cities, towns or other areas, governmental or international agency travel advisory or warning, airline or other travel restrictions, widespread public fear and panic that impacts travel, civil disturbance or unrest, host destination partner’s cancellation or inability or refusal to implement the tour as agreed to with Ryder-Walker, or any other event or circumstances beyond Ryder-Walker’s control, whether similar or dissimilar, which, in Ryder-Walker’s reasonable and sole judgment, would tend to make it commercially or otherwise impracticable (from a safety, health, logistical, economic, or financial standpoint), inadvisable, difficult or onerous, illegal or impossible for Ryder-Walker or its partners to perform their obligations under this agreement or have a significant adverse impact on Ryder-Walker.