A self-guided hiking tour offers you the opportunity to be your own guide, navigate like a pro and pick your own dates. Choose from our standard guided tours as independent options or customize a trip to your level of difficulty and degree of comfort. Find a tour that you like, tell us the date that you’d like to begin, and we’ll do the rest.
What A Self-Guided Hiking Tour Includes
1. We provide you with a comprehensive package of materials to make your self-guided hiking tour a success, including:
2. We handle all of the hotel accommodations, luggage transfers, and logistics specific to
the tour. Note: some accommodations are unreachable by vehicles and you will not receive the luggage at those huts/inns.
3. You’ll receive four-color topographical maps with the hiking routes highlighted. Most tours include a larger-scaled overview map as well. Maps may differ between tours.
4. We can amend any itinerary or build your dream vacation from scratch. Just give us your intended travel dates and destinations, (we’ll offer suggestions if you’re not sure), the level of difficulty of your desired tour, and the type of accommodations you prefer.
5. You will receive a proposal free of charge with no obligation to you. We’ll fine-tune the itinerary until we’ve arrived on a trip that is exclusively yours.
We also offer self-guided Easy Going tours with three to four hours of hiking per day on predominantly gentle trails. This format allows more time for sightseeing, exploring villages, and enjoying the comforts of your hotel. Please visit our website for more details.
Click here to start designing the custom tour of your dreams.
Read, 5 Reasons Why You Should Book A Guided Tour in order to compare with a guided tour.